Employment Strategies for Engineers is designed for Internationally Trained Engineers in the areas of Civil, Mechanical, Chemical and Electrical. The Employment Strategies for Engineers is a self-directed course which aims to increase the labour market integration of internationally trained Engineers by providing tools and information on the licensing process, Canadian workplace culture, business language, Engineering terminology and employability skills.
Please click here for course overview.
This is a self-directed course; participants can complete the course modules at their own pace. To access the course you will be required to enter an enrollment key which you will receive when you create an account or if you have an account already you can email CostiOnlineServices@costi.org to ask for the enrollment key.
Welcome to Employment Strategies for Teaching in Ontario
This course will provide you with all the information you need to know to work as a Teacher in Ontario.
The topics of this course include:
- Understand the education system in Ontario
- Have the skills and tools to research Labour Market information in the education system.
- Using Canada's National Occupational Classification to learn more about the various occupations in this field
- identify the steps needed for entry to a Registered Profession
- Developing a career portfolio
- Identifying the soft and hard skills required for teaching
- Finding a job in teaching
- Creating a Resume
- Creating a Cover
- Preparing for the Interview
- Social Media
This is a self directed workshop, which you will be able to work through at your own pace and ask questions as you need to.
If you would like to register for this course, go to the main page and create an account. If you already have an account, send an email to email@example.com to let us know. We look forward to helping transition to employment in Ontario.